Tuesday 25 October 2011

Talking About Aerobics

pic c/o jeffzoet.blogspot.com    
People should talk more.

I don't mean I want to hear more details about what you had for tea or the discout vouchers you're going to use next time you go to the supermarket.

I mean people should tell each other what they think more.

I honestly don't know why it's so hard to do it, and I'm refering to myself here as much as anyone else. Why do we constantly tell white lies and cover up the truth when it feels so god damn good to get it out?

I also think people should do more excercize.

I work from home, and I work alone for the majority of the time. It keeps me busy; it also gives me a fair chunk of every day to contemplate things. How great does that sound, eh?

Well ok let me put it another way. Have you ever spent more than, say, 8 hours totally alone? You will find that after a certain length of time, you start to get a little bit fed up of your own company. For me it's kind of like spending 10 hours with someone who won't stop talking about themselves, moaning and analysing ridiculous details of their life.

And I do this on more or less of a daily basis, excluding weekends, festivals and christmas market stalls.

For the luxury of late mornings, daytime tv and no boss, I have sacrificed... basically... my sanity!

So to combat this, I indulge in things that let me blow off steam (like the violent freezer-defrosting incident). Today it was aerobics. Never for the life of me expected it to be my thing, but I've found a really good class. My instructor is a tiny but muscular lesbian with bleached hair and a wicked sense of humour. I love the music she plays, I get to strut up and down and do star-jumps for an hour, and not one person wears leg warmers. It's ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment